Every year, I host a protective style challenge, encouraging many to join in order to attain some MIND blowing growth. I am launching the PSC 2017 this December, so you have less than a week to make up your mind and do this! Why a challenge? Glad you asked.
Typically, it is best to join a group of like-minded individuals to keep you motivated. You are who you associate yourself with. This allows us to support one another and retain as much length as possible. I personally like having the slight pressure to keep up with the challenge. Otherwise, I know I would fall off the wagon so quickly, I wouldn’t realize I got on it in the first place. Longer, fully hair starts now! Not on January 1st !
Before we start the challenge, I highly encourage you to prep your hair. This includes getting a hair cut, getting rid of split ends, doing a protein treatment etc. We want our hair in tip top shape even before we start to protective style.
1. Eat a balanced diet
2. Drink lots of water
3. Take a hair vitamins- Optional
4. Choose from the following options:
Long term protective styles that last about 4-6 weeks OR Low manipulative hair styles.
(if you feel the need, you can give your hair a break from the long term styles by doing low manipulative styles throughout the challenge. In order words, you can go back and forth between the two options)
5. Wash your hair at least 2x a month
6. Deep condition at least once a month. You don’t have to deep condition WHILE you have a protective style in but be sure to do it when you take it down.
7. Moisturize your hair and scalp (Oiling your scalp is optional)
8. Finger detangle (or be very gentle when using a comb)
9. Leave your hair alone (no heat styling, tight braids etc…)
10. Take before and after pictures. I will have a little something something for the best growth/ most participation 🙂
As always, thanks for the support and let’s get this done! It is time to stop making excuses and really put in the work to get what you want – no matter what your goals are.